I was pleased to have the opportunity to lead a debate in Parliament today about the problems with transport in Carshalton and Wallington.
Concerns about transport are one of the most common things that I get in my postbag every week, so I was pleased to be able to raise a number of issues with the Minister today including:
- The need for trains to be reliable and run on time,
- Calling for more rail services to be run from all local stations,
- Concerns about the height of the platforms at Hackbridge and Carshalton Beeches stations,
- Securing step free access on the southbound platform at Carshalton Beeches station,
- Investment in rail infrastructure,
- Unlocking the Croydon Bottleneck to allow for more trains to run through local stations,
- Improving local bus services by making some run more frequently,
- New bus routes to get us to new destinations,
- Reinstating the GoSutton bus as soon as possible,
- Getting on and completing the Sutton extension of the Tram,
- Looking at a potential extension of the Tram to Hackbridge,
- Extending the London Overground to Sutton, via Waddon, Wallington and Carshalton Beeches,
- Fixing potholes and making our roads safe for all road users.
I will continue to work with the Council, City Hall, Government and others to ensure we see progress on all of these issues, and I will keep residents updated.
If you have any questions or concerns about transport, please do share your views with me.