Sutton Council have published a notice of road closure schemes it intends to enact as part of its school streets scheme.
The general effects of the Orders of which will come into force on 14 September 2020 will be to, on an experimental basis, introduce new pedestrian and cycle zones in the below areas by closing the roads during certain hours:
All motor vehicles will be prohibited from entering each pedestrian and cycle zone during the hours specified in relation to that zone in the Schedule.
Exemptions will be in place to allow residents and employees of businesses and organisations at premises located within or accessible only from that pedestrian and cycle zone, and to allow disabled person’s badge holders, who have a bona fide reason to enter or leave a vehicle in that pedestrian and cycle zone, to enter the restricted area during the prescribed hours.
All the Experimental TMO documents for Beddington, Fellowes, Rotherfield, Shorts and Stanley can be found here or at www.sutton.gov.uk/trafficpublicnotices under “view our Experimental Traffic Order Consultations” selecting “Notice of Making Experimental Traffic Orders” and then “EXP 1095". All the Experimental TMO documents for Kingsmead, Kingston, Muschamp, Roe and Stoughton can be found here or at www.sutton.gov.uk/trafficpublicnotices under “view our Experimental Traffic Order Consultations” selecting “Notice of Making Experimental Traffic Orders” and then “EXP 1095 G - K batch 2 ".
If you would like to make comments on these Experimental Orders you can do so by filling in an online consultation FROM 14TH SEPTEMBER which can be found on the following links:
- Beddington Gardens - EXP1095A -http://bit.ly/Bandon-Sherwood-EXP1095A
- Fellowes Road - EXP1095B - http://bit.ly/Rushy-EXP1095B
- Rotherfield Road - EXP1095D - http://bit.ly/AllSaints-EXP1095D
- Shorts Road - EXP1095E - http://bit.ly/Phil-EXP1095E
- Stanley Road - EXP1095F - http://bit.ly/Overton-EXP1095F
- Kingsmead Avenue - http://bit.ly/CheamCommon-EXP1095G
- Kingston Avenue - http://bit.ly/CheamPark-EXP1095I
- Muschamp Road - http://bit.ly/Muschamp-EXP1095J
- Roe Way - http://bit.ly/Elpheges-EXP1095K
- Stoughton Avenue - http://bit.ly/CheamFields-EXP1095H
A map of all the schemes can be found here. Please also feel free to get in touch and share your views with me.