Sutton Council have published a notice of road closure schemes it proposes to enact as part of its school streets scheme.
The general effects of the Orders of will introduce new pedestrian and cycle zones in the below areas by closing the roads during certain hours:
According to the Council, all motor vehicles, except permit holders, would be prohibited from entering the School Street pedestrian and cycle zones during their hours of operation. Permits allowing vehicles to enter a School Street would be available to residents and those caring for residents of premises located within or only accessible from the School Street, by application to the Council.
Households would be limited to having three such permits at any one time, excluding those for use by carers. Further exemptions would apply to vehicles of those dropping off or picking up students with special educational needs or disabilities (the details of such vehicles being registered with the school) and emergency service vehicles, school buses, and certain other service and utility vehicles.
Any vehicle that is already within the School Street pedestrian and cycle zone before its commencement of operation would be permitted to leave.
If you would like to have your say on the proposed 'School Streets' closures you can do so by filling in an online consultation FROM 8TH JULY 2021 TO 29TH JULY 2021.
● All Saints Carshalton Church of England Primary School - https://bit.ly/TR1109A-AllSaints
● Bandon Hill, Wood Field and Oak Field Primary School -https://bit.ly/TR1109B-BandonHill
● Carshalton Boys Sports College - https://bit.ly/TR1109K-CarshaltonBoys
● The Federation of St Elphege’s Catholic Schools - https://bit.ly/TR1109H-StElpheges
● Harris Junior Academy Carshalton - https://bit.ly/TR1109C-HarrisJunior
● Muschamp Primary School - https://bit.ly/TR1109G-Muschamp
● Robin Hood Junior School - https://bit.ly/TR1109D-RobinHood
● St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls and St. Mary’s Catholic Junior School - https://bit.ly/TR1109I-StPhilomenas
Please also feel free to get in touch and share your views with me.